Contemplating Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We, the admins, expect this to be a nice general PBP roleplaying site. You can create any roleplaying board you want, any literacy, and any subject. We don't have any set rules except the basics, which will be posted later on. Thank you for looking at t

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions: That have been asked.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Questions: That have been asked.  Empty
PostSubject: Questions: That have been asked.    Questions: That have been asked.  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:37 pm

How do I roleplay?
Well, Timmy, why dont you lurk around and find out how? I'm sure that some people would be glad to help. Just pop them a message and they may just reply. Smile

What is a Lurker?
Someone who doesnt reply to a board, but sits and watches. Sometimes they will post until the board gets started and "vanish".

Mary Sue? Whats that?
Don't be stupid. Don't be ugly. Be perfect.
Incorporate that into a character and, bazinga, there is a Mary Sue!

I dont like you and I dont like your site! How does that make you feel?
Forever alone, Timmy. Forever alone.

Whats a noob/newb/no0b?
A newbie to a online thing. Like if you have never roleplayed before and are just begining, you are a noob to roleplaying! See, isnt that easy Timmy?

Who is Timmy?
MY FRIEND! NOT YOURS!

Why does the Admin only use Tahoma?
Because Tahoma is beautiful. And you know it. <3

What does it mean when something is in "-"'s or "*"'s?
It means the person, or character, is performing an action.
Ex: ooc: YOU SUCK TIMMY! -shoots Timmy-
That means that whoever was "oocing" just "shot" Timmy. Poor, poor Timmy.

What does "ooc" and "bic" mean?
ooc means "Out of Character" So whatever that person has posted is out of character, or out of the roleplay. So whatever they post has nothing to do with the roleplay. Ex:
Mary Sue danced up the stairs.
ooc: Mary Sue must be pretty bored.
--
That person was just making a statement irrelevent to the situation, and isnt included into the roleplay. Sometimes people will ask questions in ooc about how to better the roleplay. Sometimes they do it to correct spellings, antagonise other people, or even spam.

Bic means "Back in character". Whenever someone posts this, usually after using "ooc", they're informing you that they are now contributing to the board.
ooc: Oh, that's a great idea! Lets do that!
Bic: And so Mary Sue killed herself because Mary Sues are stupid and make boring roleplays!

Get the picture?
Sometimes people, ahem...me, use "IC" to tell people that they are "in character". They usually do this in more illiterate roleplays so that people know what is going on.

-C- at the end of a post means that something is being continued into another post. This can be at a later date...or just in a couple minutes. -D- means that the idea they are trying to come across is done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: Lets start this shindig!
ic:
Mary Sue was a beautiful woman. Truely beautiful. She was loved by all the boys and all of the girls. No one wanted to be her enemy, because they knew that they would be shot in the face with a lazer beam. Yes, Mary Sue had a lazer beam. It shot out of between her gigantic boobs and melted whoever saw it.
Mary Sue had giant blue eyes, almost as big as her boobs. She was also big, huge hideous and fat. So she could not walk. She was a true American.
-c-

So true in fact, that every American wanted to be her and ingested gigantic amounts of McBurgertown burgers to become as big as her. Unfortunatly, this never happened. For only Mary Sue can be as large as Mary Sue. Everybody envied Mary Sue for her Earth-like body shape. No one could live without seeing her face at least once.
-d-

ooc: How do you like my character?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you read and understand this? Then you can understand how most roleplaying goes by. Go, run away my little Timmy. Go out into the land of rolepalying! Have a great time. And dont forget to Contemplate Madness.
Back to top Go down
https://contemplatingmadness.rpg-board.net

Questions: That have been asked.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Contemplating Madness :: FAQ-
Jump to: